Thank You

Have you ever held your baby tightly in your arms, scared to death that you might not get to hold her much longer? I have.  It is the worst feeling in the world.  Instantaneously, prayers go up to God.  When the doctor explains how serious the situation is, you turn to your spouse for comfort only to find that they have the same worried look on their face.

That was Stud and I Sunday evening, after spending 6 hours in the ER with Roisin and finally discovering she had meningitis and was being admitted to the ICU.  Little did I know earlier that morning, even while she was running a fever, just how serious things were going to get.

Before we could get her settled into her room in the ICU I had only spoken with my mom, my cousin and my best friend briefly about what was going on.  By the time we had her settled into her room, unbeknownst to Stud and myself, people across the world had already begun prayer chains for her.  WOW.  I am still amazed and deeply touched, and I want to say once again on behalf of both Stud and I, thank you so much for everyone's thoughts, prayers, and encouraging words.

That's all I can really write right now.  I can't even focus enough to pour my heart out like I normally would.  Just thank you, everyone, for the prayers.  

Big brother, protecting his little sister



Comments

Popular Posts