Google+

More About This Momma

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hope Is Not Lost


Every day is such a mystery.  Just when we think everything is going almost perfectly, a wrench gets thrown in the mix and totally messes everything up.  I don't always understand the reasons for these changes.  Recently, they've been very trying on my faith.  Not my faith in God, but my faith in myself.

Things that at one point I felt so sure were answered prayers from God, suddenly seem like dead ends.  Was I wrong for ever believing they were answered prayer? Evidence shows that I wasn't wrong.  Why, then, are these same blessings quickly turning into black holes for me? With every wave crashing it is getting harder to stay afloat.





Yes, I am pregnant and I am hormonal.  That never helps.  But I know that I'm not far off from having legitimate feelings.

Sometimes I believe God allows me to go through trying, painful times because it is the most inspiring time for me to write and share with others.  When life is going wonderfully, I have nothing to write about.  Maybe I need to find a new hobby??

Here's what I do know.  God has shown me throughout my life that He is always present and in charge of my next step.  I know that He is in control of all the challenges I'm currently being faced with, and it is only because of the convictions He's placed in my heart that I am even able to recognize and address these issues.  Once again, I just find myself at a point in my life where I am letting God guide me through the dark and trusting that He will bring me to the light at the end of the tunnel.  It's the hardest part of the journey, but I have enough experience at this point to know that everything will be okay.

I don't know what plans God has for me, for my family, or for my children, but God knows.  He tells me so.  He promises that His plans are for us to prosper and NOT to harm us; plans to give us HOPE and a future.  I'm hanging on to those very words this morning, believing and trusting that God will not leave me hanging.  His plans have always proven to be bigger and more beautiful than I could imagine for myself, and the Bible encourages us to focus our hearts on that very fact: "But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you." 1 Samuel 12:24.

I will not fear the future for I know that God is preparing my heart for something so beautiful and wonderful.

---

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous, do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Ephesians 4:29 & 32: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen... Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you."

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:19

"For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"The Lord also will be  a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble." Psalm 9:9

"Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:8

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act." Psalm 37:5

"Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint.  Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:1-2






No comments:

Post a Comment


Slowing down long enough to appreciate the beautiful things that keep me busy!